“Don’t Do Anything You Don’t Want To” Isn’t a Bad Goal

I always feel it’s awkward “to be an entrepreneur to change the world” or “to do job that I love doing ”.

I really don’t care about changing the world.
It’s none of my business but I don’t understand having those gigantic dreams.

Job that I love doing…
I write blogs everyday so it’s true that I like it but I’d say no to make living by writing blogs because I’ll be out of topic, I’ll be lonely, it won’t make too much money and it’s not stable.


What I Don’t Want to Do Is the Driver 

I still want to do my own business, so I’ve been doing side business.

Because I don’t want to be employed by someone else.

I don’t want to commute during rush hour.
I don’t ever want to follow someone’s instructions.
I want to select who I work with.
I want to select where I work.

I don’t understand why my pay doesn’t go up even if my performance exceeds the expectations.
I don’t understand either why I have to go to work even when a typhoon is hitting the area.

The list goes on and on.

I guess I have to start my own business because there are so many things that irritate me while I’m employed.  
This is what’s driving me to start my own business.

What I Don’t Want to Do Is Clear

Another thought is that it’s clearer what you don’t want to do rather than what you want to do, isn’t it?

Once I wrote that I tried programming and I was quite good at it.  You never know until you try something if you like it or not.  For example, you’re forced to do something you’re not into but you come to like it once you try.

On the other hand, it’s pretty clear what you don’t want to do.
It’s clear that I hate to be employed because it’s proven from my experience, right?
It’s fairly true, right?

What you don’t want to do is clear, though you can’t be too sure about what you want to do.
Then, I’m starting to think it’s all right to have a goal like “don’t do anything you don’t want to”.

Being Foolish and Show off

Whenever people ask me, “What are you going to do once you start your own business?”

I respond, “Anything is good as far as I don’t mind doing and I make enough money.
I just don’t want to be employed, rather than I have some specific thing I’ve dreamed of doing.”

Then people give me this weird look.

I guess people have this bias that business owners or entrepreneurs must have dreams “to change the world” or “to do job that they love doing”.
That bias is not wrong.

Starting own business to be out of employment sounds like idiots start up weird business to rip people off.
I believe a lot of startups are like that.

It sounds cool if you say you want “to change the world” or “to do job that you love doing”.
I don’t know what their inner thoughts are, though.

There’re so many foolish people and show offs that make all of us think you must do something great if you start up your own business.
Who cares?

My goal is not to do anything I don’t want to.
I don’t know what I want to do and I’m not going to define that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Way to Take Action

Lecturing Is Pointless …the Difference between “Communication ” and “One-Sided Expression ”