A Life with No Regret

I read a sentimental article, where the writer was saying “I regret something.”

That sentence made me think I have no regret whatsoever in my life.

Regretting Something before You Die

When I was in college, a phrase caught my eye from a book I happened to pick up for no reason.  I still remember the phrase.
It goes like this:

If you ask senior citizens, “Do you have any regrets?”  Most of them answer, “I should’ve done 〇〇.”

It’s not “shouldn’t have done××” or “want to start all over again”. 
They regret not having done something.

I was convinced by this article and decided,

“I’ll do everything I want to, regardless of success or failure.”

No Regret if You’ve Done Them All

I’ve been loyal to this belief throughout whole my life.

Why have I been that loyal?
I don’t know but I was so touched by that article.

I tried everything that interested me.

As for music, I picked up guitar, vocal, drum, songwriting, live street performance, and I recently took trumpet classes twice.

I switched my jobs from big corporation to mid-sized corporation, further to small corporation.
I tried so many side businesses that I can’t remember them all.

As for dating, I tried from all kinds of spouse hunting activities to gray area stuff such as picking up girls or working at a host club.

I don’t regret not having done anything.
Because I have done all I wanted to do.

Feeling of “Should’ve Done That” Haunts You

I regretted having done some of the things in the past.
I felt so many times, “I shouldn’t have done those”, because they didn’t go well or I was embarrassed by mistakes.

Now that they’re all good memories.
I just look back and think it’s been one of those days.

As mentioned in the book from my college days, you regret only things you didn’t do.

You forget things you tried and didn’t do well.
At least, you don’t regret not having done them.

But you regret things you didn’t do for the rest of your life.

You should try everything you want to do, no matter what, unless you want to regret not having done that before you die.

This is what I conclude.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Way to Take Action

Lecturing Is Pointless …the Difference between “Communication ” and “One-Sided Expression ”

“Don’t Do Anything You Don’t Want To” Isn’t a Bad Goal